Songwriter / Vocalist
We need your talent, your passion, your imagination and your creativity to build the world that we all dream to live in. Talent for Humanity is conducting international contests looking for aspiring songwriters and vocalists.
The goal of the songwriting contest is to find talented songwriters that can tell a story based on courage, values and the human spirit. All entries will be judged based on originality, songwriting, performance and overall responsiveness.
The goal of the vocalist contest is to find those talented singers who can move people as well as mountains.
Entrants may submit original or cover songs and will be judged solely on the quality of the vocals.
We would like you to be one of the winners of our international contest and have your song or voice recorded on the Music CD.
Talent for Humanity is now accepting Pop/Rock/AC material for consideration.
You can submit your song(s) online via your social network page or website. If your song(s) becomes a finalist, you will be required to email Talent for Humanity an mp3 of the song(s) to be sent to the judges. Lyrics must be included along with your entry form or made available via your social network page or website.
To submit your work, please complete the entry form with all required information. The deadline for all entries is November 30, 2012.
Winning songs will receive $1,500 and be included on the Music CD
If an artist is required to attend the recording session, they shall receive all travel expenses and AFM scale for the recording session (location TBA).
Will perform vocals on the Music CD
Receive all travel expenses and AFM scale for the recording session (location TBA).
A select number of vocalists will participate in the Exhibits and Conference Events
All vocalists will be invited to participate in the Human Spirit Awards Ceremony.
Vocalists who participate in any event or the Human Spirit Awards Ceremony will receive an appearance fee and all expenses paid.
1. This contest is open to all artists who are NOT directly signed to a record company and/or its affiliates or subsidiaries and is open to anyone regardless of nationality or background. Employees of Talent for Humanity, their families, subsidiaries and affiliates are not eligible.
2. Entries (except if you are submitting as a vocalist*) must be original songs and shall not infringe any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties. Entrant shall, by entering, indemnify and hold Talent for Humanity harmless from and against any claims inconsistent with the foregoing.
3. Entrant may submit as many songs as desired. It is entrant's responsibility to ensure that the submitted song(s) are complete and playable.
4. Entries must be submitted online and must be in the .mp3 or .m4a format. No other type of format or form of submission will be accepted. Late, illegible, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
5. By entering this contest, entrant and/or one of their parents or legal guardian (if entrant is under 18 years of age) agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of Talent for Humanity and its judges which are final and binding in all matters. By entering this contest, entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official contest rules as established herein.
6. This contest is governed by the internal laws of the country of Belgium without regard to principals of conflict of laws. All cases and claims pertaining to this competition must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the City of Brussels, without recourse to class action suits.
7. If any provision of these rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
8. Entrant agrees to release, indemnify, and hold Talent for Humanity, its sponsors, and judges harmless for liability, damages, or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this contest.
9. The final deadline for submitting an entry is November 30, 2012. Entries must be postmarked on or before the deadline and all online entries must be time stamped by midnight EST (U.S.) on November 30, 2012. Talent for Humanity reserves the right to extend the entry deadline if necessary.
10. Winning entries are considered a ‘work for hire’ and will be administered by Fintage House.
11. All entries will be screened by a Talent for Humanity listening committee who will select a group of finalists. These finalists are then sent to the judges who will select the winners of the contest. The judging committee will consist of high-profile music industry professionals including artists, producers and record label executives.
12. Winners will be announced in December, 2012. Talent for Humanity will post the results on its website and will notify all entrants by email that results are posted. Entrant is responsible for providing up-to-date email addresses to Talent for Humanity. Talent for Humanity is not responsible for entrant's non-receipt of any Talent for Humanity emails for any reason, including but not limited to, server or email malfunctions. Talent for Humanity will use its best efforts to announce the winners at the designated time but will not be held liable for any unforeseen delays. Winners will be notified by email or phone. All winners, except those submitting as a vocalists performing a cover song, will be required to sign an affidavit confirming that winner's song is original and he/she owns the copyright to the song. Failure to sign and return the affidavit within the required time period or provision of FALSE information may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Affidavits are subject to verification by Talent for Humanity and its agents. Entry constitutes permission to use winner's name, photo of their likeness and voice (if applicable) for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation.
13. All prizes will be awarded to the entrant as it appears on the entry form and division of prizes among contributing artists is the responsibility of winners. There will be no transfer of prizes. All federal, state, local taxes, and customs fees when applicable, are the sole responsibility of winner. Talent for Humanity will not pay any winners' taxes or custom's fees. Prizes will be sent out within a reasonable amount of time.
*Those submitting as a vocalist are judged solely on the vocal performance. All genres of music are accepted and do not need to be original music.